Don’t fret! While this warm winter season has us in a rut, here are the 6 next best things to put some pep in your step!
1. Spring riding day! Go hit the mountain in the morning with a homie and ride until it’s too hot and the snow has turned into Sierra cement. Then head back to the house, drop that snow gear, put on some shorts, and hit the beach. Because let’s be real—there’s not a lot of places that give you the chance to hit snow and sand all within the same day.
2. Disc Golf! Wake up at a decent hour—you know, some time before 11am. Eat some food, check your Facebook, maybe some other sites (Redtube?). Put on a shirt and some pants, maybe bring a sweater. Grab your sneakers, sunnies, and head out the door to your destination: the disc golf course. Ponder the thought of stopping at the liquor store for some snacks and brewskies and then go have fun!
3. Take a hike! Well, as everyone here knows there are a billion hikes in South Lake. Therefore, I wont take the time to get into all of them. Rather, I suggest you check ’em out at http://www.tahoeactivities.com/south-lake-tahoe-hiking/. Choose a hike and prepare yourself for what you’re about to embark on. Shoes: check! Snacks: check! Dog: check! Then head out the door and have a great time. Now you can check that one off!
4. Get your run on! Again, depending where, there are there are plenty of routes to choose from. Assess your ability and choose from one! Then put on some running shoes, grab your headphones, and set your favorite Spotify station. Throw on those sunnies, blast that volume, and head out the door. Enjoy the road beneath your feet and the wind in your hair!!!
5. Mountain Biking! For this one you’ll want to get up somewhat early: maybe 8:30/9am. The conditions are much nicer in the morning before it gets too hot. Eat something somewhat filling, then grab your gear and load your bike and riding gear into your car. You’ll have enough time for plenty of laps on any of the local trails. End the day back at the house with a frosty one.
6. A whole lotta nothing! Right now you don’t have to feel bad about doing jack sh*t with your day. Sleep in till noon. Then get up, go to the bathroom, and get back in bed. Continue sleeping till two. You’ll probably get hungry around this time so hit that fridge and finish off last night’s leftover pizza. Then lay around the house with no ambition to achieve anything more than watching every episode of Jersey Shore.
Text by Michelle McNicol